Selinda Explorers Camp Highlights
- Intimate tented safari camp with the grandeur of expedition style safari
- In a remote and beautiful part of the Selinda Spillway
- Echoes of a by-gone era of luxury safaris
- Focus on walking to see the small and interesting animals often missed on a vehicle
- Eco friendly camp, with solar power, water treatment and activities in nature that do not need an engine.
Selinda Explorers Camp Description
Four custom designed canvas tents create an intimate atmosphere at Selinda Explorers Camp. Each luxury tent in nestled under towering jackalberry and mangosteen trees. They are spacious and remain an experience from the classic age of safaris. Each tent rekindles the magic of an expedition camp with hot and cold water provided in large jugs, with a hot bucket shower and a flush toilet. A brass bath can be moved to a nearby sandbank for a bath in the bush!
The main guest areas at Selinda Explorers Camp are also under canvas with large carpets covering the floor and intimate seating areas for guests to enjoy a quiet moment while watching the surrounding areas. Dinner is often under the stars with a raging camp fire dancing merrily away.
Selinda Explorers Camp Game Viewing and Wildlife Activities
The Selinda Spillway area is home to a host of wildlife and is a bird watchers paradise. Large herds of elephant and buffalo can be found here as well as lion, wild dog and antelope like the sable and the roan.
Activities at Selinda Explorers Camp centre around bush walks and canoe trips, led by qualified professional guides who’s passion for the bush shines through. Should guests wish, there is also a safari 4×4 vehicle for game drives.