Delta Camp Highlights
• Situated on a beautiful island on the south western edge of Chiefs Island in the heart of the Okavango Delta
• The area offers crystal-clear channels and lagoons with extensive floodplains
• Home to over 450 bird species and an incredible variety of wildlife
• Delta Camp offers peace and tranquillity
• An abundance of exciting game viewing activities
Delta Camp Description
Delta Camp is on Chief’s Island in the heart of the Okavango Delta near the western boundary of the Moremi Game Reserve. Delta Camp offers seven elevated spacious reed chalets with en-suite facilities. Each chalet has hot and cold running water, a shower with a view and solar-powered electric lighting. Guests may dine in the elegant Dining Room overlooking the surrounding flood-plains and the wildlife that abounds. Another option is to enjoy a picnic on one of the many nearby islands for a private and intimate experience.
Delta Camp Game Viewing and Wildlife Activities
Delta Camp offers incredible game viewing and exhilarating activities accompanied by qualified and experienced local guides. The entire Chiefs Island is widely regarded by many to offer some of the best game viewing in Africa. Guests can expect to see lion, leopard, elephant, hippo red lechwe, wildebeest, zebra, giraffe, hyena, jackal, wild dog, impala, kudu and if guests are lucky enough, white rhino.
Activities at Delta Camp include early morning and late afternoon guided walking safaris led by local guides who share their knowledge. Mokoro rides take guests out into the calm tranquil waterways of the Okavango Delta, poled by local guides.