Camp Okavango Highlights
- Camp Okavango is situated on the remote Nxaragha Island in the heart of the permanent Okavango Delta
- 11 intimate safari tents, on raised platforms with en-suite facilities and private viewing deck
- Offers a year round water experience
- A secluded bird viewing hide
- A bird-watchers paradise
- The ultimate “get-away” for honeymooners
- All game activities are led by experienced, professional guides
Camp Okavango Description
Camp Okavango is situated on the remote Nxaragha Island in the heart of the permanent Okavango Delta, assuring a year-round water wilderness experience. Camp Okavango blends with the Africa of old in the elegant thatch and lethaka main lodge buildings. The tents are in the East African style, all with a private viewing deck and sliding doors. The dining room leads onto an expansive open-air patio for evenings around the open boma. Other lodge facilities include a cocktail bar, lounge, wildlife reference library, a secluded bird-viewing hide, shaded hammocks, a delightful sun deck and plunge pool for relaxing during the hot midday hours.
Camp Okavango Game Viewing and Wildlife Activities
Water based activities allow guests to explore the Okavango in a quiet, calm and traditional way in a mokoro or travel further away in a motorboat, all with an experienced and knowledgeable guides.
Guided nature walks on the various islands afford an opportunity to track some of the larger species that inhabit this water wilderness. Bird-watching opportunities are outstanding. Fishing for the fighting tiger-fish, pike and bream is excellent at most times of the year.